Facebook Page
Twitter Page
Steam group
Youtube page

Announcement Changes in The Society

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by DragonbornSR, Jan 13, 2018.

1. DragonbornSR

DragonbornSR Community owner Staff Member Staff Owner Donator

Oct 16, 2012
    Minecraft User Name:
    Dear people of The Society!

We have been discussing quite some time, what to do regarding The Society and it's servers. Frankly, we all know that our forums are no longer used as discord has gained popularity and our members prefer other game servers than the ones we provide. This does not mean The Society is closing down, we are not a big community and thus the need of big infrastructure is no longer necessary.

We have come into the conclusion that The Society forums are no longer needed as all of our discussion is taking in place in Discord anyway. We will be replacing our website with a simple (but nice) splash screen with basic information and link to our discord.

Secondly, we have come to conclusion to close down our Transportcraft and Empyrion project. We will uploading all our Transportcraft server files and the modpack itself will still be available on the curse launcher, so if there is anybody who wants to fiddle with it, go on. Since both me and @kerts93 have moved onto other projects (I am working on Star Citizen and Arma 3 things, Kert is focusing on Virtual Bus & Truck company and GTA 5 roleplay servers), keeping servers maintained by people who do not like the game anymore (Kert and I), will yield bad results and we decided not to give the responsibility to others as keeping up to the expectations is hard and tiring work. All low maintenance servers like OpenTTD and Factorio will currently stay online as they don't need a lot of work.

For last few years, The Society has become more of a community where people hang out and play different games, mostly those we are not hosting and there is nothing wrong with it. It just means that we need to improvise, adapt and overcome! Keep playing together! Together is fun!

Staff of The Society
  2. inthegame dk

inthegame dk Visitor

Sep 5, 2014
    Minecraft User Name:
    RIP transportcraft all have a good time and have fun
    Sgergan23 and Ranub1s like this.
  3. Puffin4Tom

Puffin4Tom Paladin

Mar 2, 2014
    Minecraft User Name:
    Truly the end of an era. I haven't been active here for years, but this has made me feel quite sad to be honest. The Society was a big part of my childhood and early teens when I didn't have that many friends at school and in real life. Playing Traincraft and, later, Transportcraft with such a friendly and welcoming community was some of the most fun I've ever had in computer games, and even though I don't think I've booted up Minecraft for over a year and the games I play now are with friends from school, I'll always look back on the Society with fondness.
    All the best,
  4. christian

christian Regular visitor

Nov 29, 2013
    Have to agree with Puffin, this outcome is extremely sad. Having been here 5 years is a very long time as well as having the pleasure to be a moderator (although I was way too young for it). For me being here was never due to not having friends but as a way to escape my friends and be with the fantastic people I met here. My memories from the Vanilla and Traincraft servers will always be with me as well as the people I made those memories with, which are friendships that last to the present day. I would specifically like to thank Rail, Trainman, Buddy, AdmiralDamage and many many more for making me have a fantastic time here. Thank you!
    Sgergan23 and inthegame dk like this.
  5. JBonaparte

JBonaparte Visitor

Apr 14, 2013
    I will remember these good memories i had with all of you on Traincraft...even the "arguments" i had with mrrailroader....It was a pleasure for me to be for 3 times the mayor of Berlin , firstly named on TC2 Constanta...I want to thank to all the members who helped me to raise that beautiful unfinished palace...