What's new
  • We request you to register using Discord integration!

Transportcraft update 5.6.0.0 & server changes

GameBurrow

Administrator
Staff member
Overlord

It's been a while. On the client side this only a regular update with mod and forge updates (long awaited updates yay), however everything regarding the server has been completely changed.

The server is now what we call Dockerized. This means I can run the server on any machine without almost any extra effort and it will run the same everywhere. This also means that it is extremely easy for me to run test/dev servers. And the most important part is - now, if I need to update the server, I just feed the clients manifest.json file to the server respository and it will automatically download all the mods for the server (ignoring mods that I've added to ignore list, usually client only mods), add extra server only mods and it will automatically build ready for use server image for me. Big difference is also that this new dockerized server runs on OpenJDK instead of Oracle Java.

To my surprise, at least on idle (and with only me online) server is running a lot better. If this is only temporary or if it will stay like this we'll see as it start getting activity. Additionally due to the fact that this is a completely new logic, there can be unexpected stuff happening. There are also some features still missing which I will add on the run (like automatic server restarts after periods of time (if we need them) and automatic notice messages etc). All of this can be ironed out once we actually see how things run.

So yes, I need people on the server to actually see how it performs.

Download link of the modpack for those who don't use Twitch App, can be found here:

Regarding other launchers, I'm glad to know that AT Launcher now also supports Curseforge modpacks, so we have second alternative also now. However that currently has bug that it puts resourcepacks into mods folder, meaning you are missing them unless you move them manually. MultiMC currently is also buggy, you can't automatically add the Curseforge instance to MultiMC, you need to download it as zio and then import it. I've added updated informations to our Info & FAQ
Remove
  • IR American Steam Locomotive Pack - It has issues downloading in Twitch Launcher and I remember people saying it is too heavy in the game also
Update
  • Forge to 14.23.5.2847
  • Applied Energistics 2
  • BlackThorne Civilian Vehicles [MTS/IV] [IR] (cars trucks planes trains)
  • Building Gadgets
  • CC: Tweaked
  • Charset Lib
  • Chisel
  • CodeChicken Lib 1.8.+
  • ConnectedTexturesMod
  • DiscordRichPresence
  • ExtraCells2
  • Forestry
  • Forge MultiPart CBE
  • FTB Backups
  • FTB Library
  • FTB Utilities
  • Immersive Engineering
  • Immersive Railroading
  • Immersive Vehicles (Formerly Transport Simulator)
  • Immersive Vehicles Trin Civil Pack V2 (Extended version)
  • Immersive Vehicles Trin Part Pack
  • Industrial Foregoing
  • Iron Chests
  • JourneyMap
  • Just Enough Items (JEI)
  • NuclearCraft
  • p455w0rd's Library
  • Shadowfacts' Forgelin
  • SimpleLogic Gates
  • SimpleLogic Wires
  • Storage Drawers
  • Torchmaster